Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sick-o is our name-o

On our return from San Antonio two weekends ago, I thought I might be getting the flu. ugh. After two days of Theraflu, the night-time & day stuff, I was functional.

Then, my Q-man came down with a bug. The stomach kind. Vomiting and 103 degree fever came through our house, but somehow left without touching R. We were grateful.

On Monday, we get a call that R was running fever...shoot, shoot, shoot. Yesterday, her eyes began to tear and goop up. So, we trekked into the doctor's office this morning to get the verdict.

Poor R has "pink-eye" AND double ear infections. You feel like a terrible parent when the doctor tells you that, by the way. We did get the good antibiotics and some eye drops. And seriously, WHY do they give eye drops to a super independent child?? Don't they know I only have two hands? Another remedy needs to be found.

And my Q-man has an upper respiratory infection now. ugh. Poor babes.

Here's to a speedy recovery and perhaps a lazy & restful weekend.

2 comments:

Blair said...

wishing y'all a speedy recovery.

And a tip for pink eye. Both of my girls just had it. Charlotte is THE WORST at taking any kind of medicine, so we made a game out of it.

We had her close her eyes as tight as she could, then dropped two drops on her closed eyes. We then told her to blink, blink, blink as fast as she could. For some reason she loved it and it worked. Hope it does for you as well!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that both kiddos are sick now. You know you're a fantastic mom...don't be so hard on yourself :) And...15 weeks-including Spring Break-until summer. I have BIG plans for us to all meet up with these sweet babies and hang out. That's all I want to do this summer.